Sunday, October 5, 2008

Mentor

Today I e-mailed the lady at our church that I needed to to request a mentor. I am really excited and hoping that she gets back to me real quick! I have a friend who was a great unofficial mentor to me, but she moved to California. :( I still get to talk to her, but I am just really wanting to have someone here.
Tomorrow morning I get to have breakfast with a great friend here. I am so excited to see her. I mean, I get to see her all the time, but tomorrow we are going to breakfast kidfree.... Such a different breakfast than with kids!
Lately she has been totally putting up with me. I have been having a really hard time lately. I don't even know why. I can't explain it, but I have been in a total funk for several weeks now. Good for me that I have a wonderful husband and great friends (especially the one I am meeting for breakfast).
Anyway, I am hoping that a mentor will help me in my funk too. I know that if I can get my prayer life, and quiet time in order things will get better, I just honestly have a huge lack of motivation lately. So, my hope is that a mentor can encourage me in that... also to have some accountability would be great. I am in a bible study, and I am accountable to those women for my reading, but I am not totally accountable for getting something out of it, and living out the things that God points out to me.
So, prayer please!:) If you think of it, please pray for God to calm my being. Whatever is causing this tension within me. Thanks so much!

2 Comments:

At October 5, 2008 at 11:28 PM , Blogger Wanda said...

i will be praying for you as you work thru this time. i know that the Lord will be faithful and provide what you need. love you,

 
At October 8, 2008 at 12:36 AM , Blogger Colored With Memories said...

let me know how the mentor thing works out...i didn't realize the village did that.

i've been in such a funk too...what is up with us?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home